4. We only collect personal information you give us directly, or which is collected automatically as part of your activities with us (including usage data or cookies on our website).
5. When we collect information, we will ensure the individual has given verifiable consent or there is some other lawful basis for collection and processing. We will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it.
6. The personal information that we collect includes:
6.1. Identifying information, including your name, contact details including your email, home address and billing address,
6.2. Transactional information, including information you provide as part of a transaction with us or that is generated as a result of that transaction
6.3 Financial information, including payment details, credit card numbers or bank details;
6.4. Information we are required or authorised to collect and process under law to identify you or verify information you have provided;
6.5. Usage information, including data about your interaction with our website through devices you use;
6.6. Computer and connection information such as page views, traffic, URLs, IP address and web log information.
9. Our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals who are children.
10. The purpose for which we collect personal information is to enable the effective provision of our services to you and our other customers, including to:
10.1 Open and manage your account with us;
10.2 execute your requests for our services;
10.3 improve and optimise our services, business and our users’ experience
10.4 to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
10.5 to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).;
10.6 to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; or
10.7 to consider your employment application.
11. We will only use, process or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or otherwise as relevant national laws allow. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information to detect, prevent and investigate fraudulent behaviour, if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
12. For those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected
13. We may disclose personal information for the purposes described above to:
14. We will process your personal information in our servers in Australia.
15. However your personal information may be stored and processed where we engage service providers. We will provide your information to third parties that provide services to us solely for the purpose of providing those services, including third parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing and technology support services
16. Where your personal information is transferred outside the country in which it was originally collected (including to or from USA, Australia and the EU), we will take steps to ensure that overseas recipients will deal with that information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Law or other applicable national laws.
17. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information
18. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us.
19. We will only use, process or store personal information for as long as required by the purpose it has been collected, including where such purpose relates to our legitimate interest, and for a longer period where you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. We may may be obliged to retain personal information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
21. Where you transact with another person or entity through us, we may enable you to obtain the personal information of that person or entity. You acknowledge that in these circumstance you are the data controller of that data and you should, where required, inform that other person about your privacy practices and otherwise comply with relevant national laws.
22. Using the personal information of any person you receive through us for any other purpose other than to perform the transaction we enable is prohibited by this policy.
23. We have appointed a privacy officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Depending on your location, you have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect and hold about you. Subject always to any exceptions permitted under law, we will allow an individual to:
25. If you ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information you acknowledge that this is subject to some exceptions and it will impact your access to our Services.
To make a complaint about how we handle your personal information, you may contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.